Your Credit Score. When applying for credit it seems to ‘rule all’.
The problem is, if you are suffering from a less-than-perfect credit score, what can you do about it? Well, actually, quite a lot as it happens.
Your credit file is a record of YOUR history. Who knows that better than you? Sometimes, the information held is not always accurate which can adversely affect how you are credit scored. There could be out-of-date information, incorrect default or payment history, identity theft, etc etc. The point is, if you don’t check it, how DO you know what is recorded? Getting a copy of your credit file is easy and FREE*
*You are entitled to ONE free credit report every 12 months or following a declined credit application.
We have put together a 5-step plan to help you Improve Your Credit Score:
- Check your credit file for mistakes; Correct incorrect or out of date listings
- Pay your unpaid defaults; Negotiate!
- Add positive information to your credit file; Employment info, stability, status and update closed accounts
- Set your bills to be paid automatically – consistently paying on time will be noted and improve your credit score
- Build your credit rating. Avoid excessive enquiries. Avoid payday or short term lenders as this is a ‘red flag’ that you are struggling.
If you or someone you know needs help with their credit file, they should check out our video. You should ALWAYS speak with your lenders first if you feel that you are ~or soon will be~ facing financial hardship.
Don’t live with the pressure and stress of unmanageable debt. There is Life After Debt ® and we will show you how.